WARHOL POP ART WITH KRISTINE BALLARD
SATURDAY 1ST APRIL 2023 10AM-4PM
DO YOU LOVE COLOUR, PAINTING AND POP ART?
This workshop is for anyone who loves colour, painting boldly and fashion.
Have fun creating your own artworks in this full day ‘colourplay’ workshop inspired by the great pop artist Andy Warhol.
Focusing on colour skills and drawing techniques using ink and acrylic paint, you will learn the unique styles Warhol used in his illustrations and apply this as you create your very own expressive shoe fashion artwork.
You’ll even get a chance to razzle dazzle your artwork! Create your own Warhol style artwork on the day.
BYO Art Equipment.
Morning Tea supplied.
BYO lunch and 10% discount on selected nearby restaurants.
No skills required, just enthusiasm and a love for colour.
WHAT YOU GET
• Easy and fun exercises for abstracting your subject matter
• Dynamic ways to create unique colour palettes
• Understand the history behind Warhol’s iconic styles
• Learn how to create your own artwork using Warhol’s techniques
• Create your own canvas artwork
WHAT TO BRING:
• Cartridge paper (A3 - 2 sheets)
• 2B lead pencils
• 1 Canvas (roughly 60 x 60cm) But any size will do.
• Range of brushes (bristle)
• Palette for mixing
• Acrylic paint ( Warm: red, yellow, blue) and cool (red, yellow, blue), black, white and yellow ochre. Suggest Matisse Derivan Structure). Bring more if you like.
• Some paper towels and bucket (water container of choice)
• Apron (Optional but recommended)