VAN GOGH LANDSCAPES WITH KRISTINE BALLARD
SATURDAY 27TH MAY 2023 10AM-4PM
BYO Art Equipment. Morning Tea supplied. BYO lunch (10%Discount on nearby restaurants)
DO YOU LOVE COLOUR & PAINTING?
This workshop is for anyone who loves colour and painting expressive still life subjects.
Have fun creating your own artworks in this full day ‘colourplay’ workshop inspired by the great expressionist Vincent Van Gogh.
Focusing on colour skills and expressive art techniques using acrylic paint, you will learn the what and why to Vincent Van Gogh’s broken colour painting style and apply this as you create your very own expressive landscape.
Understand how the new colours of the 1900s had a huge impact on painters of the day and how you can use these elements to add vibrancy to your own paintings. Create your own Van Gogh style artwork on the day.
No skills required, just enthusiasm and a love for colour.
WHAT YOU GET
• Easy and fun exercises for abstracting your subject matter
• Dynamic ways to create unique colour palettes
• Understand how what made Van Gogh’s style so unique
• Learn how to create your own artwork using Van Gogh’s techniques
• Create your own canvas artwork
EQUIPMENT TO BRING
•Cartridge paper (A3 - 2 sheets)
• 1 Canvas (roughly 40 x 50cm) But any size will do as long as it’s rectangular.
• Range of brushes (bristle)
• Palette for mixing
• Acrylic paint ( Warm: red, yellow, blue) and cool (red, yellow, blue), black, white and yellow ochre. Suggest Matisse Derivan Structure). Bring more if you like.
• • Some paper towels and bucket (water container of choice)